Thursday, August 26, 2004

Book Club

To promote reading I have been leading a book club at the local library. We meet once a month to discuss the book we have all read since the last meeting. Typically, I locate and provide the books to the group each month. We all read the same book. Although I have offered others an opportunity to pick the books and lead the group we seem to be functioning most of the time with books I have selected. We have read an amazingly diverse collection of books.

My all time favourite book is "Skinny Legs and All" by Tom Robbins.

My all time hated book is "In the Skin of a Lion" by Michael Ondaatje.

The book that generated the most fascinating opinions and discussion is
"The Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sister hood" by Rebecca Wells.

Other interesting books that provoked conversation were:

The Red Tent by Anita Diament
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Kesey

It's just so much fun to share a book!

1 Comments:

Blogger Stiverton said...

Yeah, ITSOAL was pretty bad. I think High School English pushes kids off of reading because of the horrible books they make us read.

26 August 2004 at 16:59  

Post a Comment

<< Home